Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Toothpick Galaxy Far, Far Away...

If you're looking for the Advanced Toothpick Doll Tutorial advertised in the Angela Michelle Dolls Newsletter, click here. If you don't receive the Angela Michelle Dolls Newsletter & feel hopelessly out of the loop, click here.


This week I'm showing off some of my very first dolls (from about 15 years ago), done in the first fledgling years of my career as a teenage doll-maker.

Today I give you my homage to a galaxy far, far away...
OK, let's have some fun. Can you guess who these characters are? I could tell you the name of the movie(s), but I'm really hoping I don't have to. I know these were made years ago before I was really any good at toothpick doll-making, but come on! Help out my ego & tell me you can recognize these dolls. It's a good cause, really...
#1. We have the obligatory mentor, both older & wiser than our hot-headed hero. And also with an apparently crummy movie contract, as he only lasted for the first half of the first one of six movies.
#2. Aforementioned hot-headed hero. What do you get when you mix a restless whippersnapper who just happens to be a natural talent and a nefarious villain with a shocking secret about said whippersnapper's true origins? A franchise.
#3. Damsel in Distress. Just don't tell her that.

#4. Unlikely Good Guy. If you can buy a good guy who makes a living smuggling & has an unnatural fear of carbon-based preservation methods, that is.

There was also a half-finished Chewy running around, but I opted not to photograph him, as he's just not as intimidating without a head. And he will probably never get one at this point...

Next show & tell on Friday!

6 comments:

anonymous said...

I recognize those! Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, and Han Solo. Too bad there was no Chewie...I bet he'd be cute!

Sandy said...

I really like the Leia wannabe.

Anonymous said...

Yes I recognized them but Anne the cat has already named them. I like Hans the best.

Debbie Barr said...

Love that Obi-Wan! Very fun. I love Star Wars... I'm such a nerd.

Jemjoop said...

Oh my goodness, those are so good!! The force is strong in this one.

Unknown said...

Yay for Star Wars!
For being your first efforts, these are beautifully done. And with a theme such a classic!