Monday, October 19, 2009

Emeline, Lady de Couer-dents

I write about not getting work done and then disappear for 3 months. Accidental Master of Irony, here.

I have been getting work done, though - a project that began to eat up every spare minute until it grew so big it crowded out all other projects.

Introducing...

Emeline, Lady de Couer-dents (Lady of Toothpicks)

She was a competition piece, 70+ hours of work in one month. I was so sick of satin & feathers & wigs...

No, I did not win the competition, but I am pleased it gave me the deadline to produce this piece. I think she may be my favorite to date.

More pictures (of the finished doll & the process behind her) coming soon!

3 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

That is incredible! I can't imagine the patience it took to do that. Bravo!

Malissa said...

Wow! Just Fabulous and totally worth the time you took on it!

Cecca said...

Wow!!! She's stunning :-)